Check out The Cooking of Joy to see why Uncle Jay was immortalized in a muffin.
(gluten free, not vegan)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup apple sauce 1/2 cup blue agave nectar
1 cup cooked pumpkin (or canned, if you must)
1 cup Earth Balance sticks, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup peeled, shredded zucchini
1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, apple sauce and agave. Add pumpkin, melted Earth Balance, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, sifting flour.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir gently until just blended. (Some dry ingredients will still be visible – over stirring gives you dense muffins)
- Gently stir in the zucchini and raisins. (again, be easy)
- Pour into muffin tins. Makes about 24 muffins. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Pass ‘em around!