Yes, I do have a magic wand.
(vegan, gluten free)
2 Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, chopped
1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
4 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 T olive oil
1 T Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
1 ½ t salt
1 t pepper
1 t cumin
½ t coriander
½ t marjoram
½ t cinnamon
1 t Cholula (or similar) hot sauce
4 C vegetable stock
3 C water
1. Melt Earth Balance in large pot and heat oil.
2. Cook onions, carrots and celery until onions soften
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly
4. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and spices (including Cholula), mix well coating all vegetables with oil/Earth Balance, and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently
5. Add vegetable stock, water and cauliflower and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender
6. Blend soup to smooth with immersion blender. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- If lighter consistency is desired, add water gradually and re-blend.
- If a chunkier soup is desired, you can remove some of the vegetables prior to blending and replace them once desired consistency is achieved, but that’s not the point here, people